ABOUT THE LFA
The Liberia Football Association (LFA) is the National Football governing entity. The LFA is an independent and private national football entity founded as per legislative enactment in 1936. It has perpetual existence and shall consist of all football clubs and institutions in Liberia that have membership with the LFA.
The Liberia Football Association (LFA) shall be affiliated to, and shall observe, the rules, bye-laws, regulations, directives and decisions of the Fédération Internationale de Football Association (FIFA), the Confederation of African Football (CAF), and the West African Football Union (WAFU).
The flag of the LFA reflects its logo against a white background. The Logo of the LFA contains a flag of Liberia in vertical form with a ball in the middle of the flag. Liberia is written both above and beneath the ball in the middle. Furthermore, the flag, emblem, logo and abbreviation are legally registered with the National Archives and the Ministry of Commerce’s Intellectual Property Division.
The headquarters of the LFA shall be in the Capital City of the Republic of Liberia with the following address:
Professional Building, Benson Street
P.O. BOX 10-1066 1000-Monrovia, Liberia
- To develop and promote football at all levels nationally and internationally, without any form of discrimination;
- To protect the interest of its members against acts that might jeopardize the integrity of matches and competitions;
- To foster friendly relationship among County sub-associations and other member associations as well as players;
- To organize competitions, tournaments, and such other matches as may be deemed desirable;
- To promote integrity, ethics and fair play with a view to preventing all methods or practices, such as corruption, doping or match manipulation, which might jeopardize the integrity of matches, or competitions, Players, Officials and Members or give rise to abuse;
- To respect and prevent any infringement of the statues, regulations, directives and decisions of the LFA, WAFU, CAF, and FIFA as well as the laws of the game and to ensure that these are also respected by its members;
- To maintain relations with FIFA, CAF, WAFU, SCSA and all other sporting organizations nationally and internationally.;
- To organized technical programs for coaches, referees, administrators, medics and other skilled personnel necessary for the development of Football in Liberia;
- To fight against doping, and to take the necessary measures to combat the use of prohibited substances in order to protect the health of footballers and the credibility of the competitions;
- To publish periodically a bulletin for circulation to member associations, the press and public giving information about the activities of the LFA;
- To create football regions throughout Liberia on the basis of proximity and necessity;
- To manage the national teams of the Republic of Liberia and regulate football clubs in the Country.